4/70 Riley St
East Sydney NSW 2010 Australia
Ph + 61 2 8332 1300
18500 Crenshaw Boulevard
Torrance CA 90504 USA
Ph + 1 310 965 4361
11 East 26th Street Level 10
New York NY 10010 USA
Ph + 1 310 965 4361
Unit 1701, Sino Plaza, 255-257 Gloucester Road
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
+852 2973 1621
53 Great Suffolk Street
London SE1 0DB United Kingdom
+44 7462 608 772
Head of Operations USA
Head of Technology Sydney
Head of Creative, Sydney
Creative Director Munich, Germany
Interactive Lead Sydney, Australia
Stephen van Elst
Executive Creative Director USA
Operations Manager USA
Client Services Director USA West Coast
- Creative & Strategy
- Creative and digital strategy
- Creative direction
- Tactical planning
- Design and concept art/development
- Production (Live action)
- Post-Production - 2D and 3D animation, motion graphics, visual effects
- Architectural (building) mapping
- Show direction
- Technical direction
- Scenic, Lighting and Sound design
- AV Crew & onsite logistics management
- UX & UI design
- Touch and multi-touch screen development
- Gestural and facial tracking
- Augmented & Virtual reality
- Mobile development and integration
- Social media integration
- Hardware recommendation and procurement
- Technical support - onsite and remote
- Testing, reporting and lead management
3D Lead - Sydney
- Spinifex Group is a Creative Studio, Digital Agency and Production Company all rolled into one. We specialise in creative content and innovative interactive digital solutions, delivering across various challenging platforms and formats - from building projections and auto show exhibitions, to Olympic ceremonies, live events and festivals.
- We're currently looking for an enthusiastic and creative 3D Lead who has a vast working knowledge and advanced skills in Cinema4D and/or Maya; as a part of our team, you'll work closely with the Creative Director, Producer, Technical and Motion Graphics team to contribute creative vision and deliver the best ideas that add value to a broad range of projects from concept to delivery. You will be responsible in communicating the vision to the other team members and clients if required, and ensuring that the 3D elements are completed on time at a stellar quality level.
We are interested in candidates with at least 5 years of experience in a 3D generalist role, who have strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, an eye for design and a talent for various creative styles from motion graphic to photorealistic, and an interest in interactive technology. This position is suitable for someone who is passionate, driven, willing to learn new skills and can tap from previous experience to come up with fresh but flexible solutions to 3D problems.
· Leading 3D projects, employing creative and strategic thinking
· Managing and overseeing all 3D projects, maintaining on time and on spec deliveries
· Working closely with the Creative Director, and also independently to compose various 3D elements
· Scoping, resourcing and planning for current and future projects.
· Participating in regular team meetings and actively contributing ideas & strategy to improve department
· Creating processes and prototypes to advance efficiencies in production and daily workflow
· Assisting in pipeline management and upgrades on an ongoing basis.
· Working with and managing team members remotely.
· Excellent working knowledge in Cinema 4D and/or Maya, & Vray
· Experience working in a 3D generalist role or similar within a Creative/Digital Media department - automotive industry huge plus.
· Strong 3D knowledge and skills in modelling, animation, rigging, texturing and rendering
· Ability to optimise scenes/ renders and work efficiently for high resolution/ challenging/ demanding technical delivery specs
· Excellent problem solving in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· A positive, can-do attitude - able to respond quickly and effectively as part of a team.
· Knowledge and exposure to interactive technology such as touchscreen, VR and AR
· Experience delivering for both broadcast and live events
· Knowledge and understanding of Projection Mapping
· Knowledge and exposure to real time game engine (Unity)
· Knowledge and exposure to GPU rendering ie. Red Shift
· Knowledge and exposure to Houdini, Realflow, Particles, Fluid and or Cloth simulation
· Knowledge of scripting ie. Mel, Python, Espresso
· Has a view on technology and where VFX and digital storytelling is heading.
Senior Art Director - San Francisco
- At Spinifex, magic and muscle come together using artistry, strategic thinking, and emerging technology to bring ideas to life. Skilled storytellers and big thinkers, our teams work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop engagements that inspire customers and make an impact for clients.
As a creative leader in the Spinifex San Francisco office, you are familiar with crafting strong activations that elegantly solve for ‘why it works.’ In partnership with the wider team, you’ll establish clear creative direction for interactive digital engagements, all the while elevating ideas out of the realm of the familiar.
You will work closely with the producer and technical director to concept and iterate quickly. Responsible for crystallizing the creative vision, you will pitch, present, and execute creative thinking with confidence. You will be a collaborative visionary, being able to balance multiple stakeholders while standing up for the integrity of the team’s work.
This is a hands-on role in managing multiple day-to-day projects across the design team, and establishing strong outward-facing relationships to be the go-to innovative creative for clients.
• Be hands-on in all phases of work; experiential strategy, concepting and ideation, through to execution
• Capture communication needs of client briefs; provide creative direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion
• Visualize ideas quickly to test concepts and communicate approach and vision; rough ideas should be converted quickly into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts.
• Develop creative and strategic content in collaboration with Executive Creative Director and SF-based team
• Enable a strong, collaborative workflow both with internal team, sister agencies, and client while pushing the boundaries of what’s been done before
• Plan, monitor, and supervise tasks of creative team in conjunction with Production and other team leaders
• Liaise with Producer on schedule, budget, and resources
• Is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to detail and overall quality
• Being aware of international trends on a constantly evolving experiential and emerging technology landscape - not limited solely to design
• 6+ years of design experience, 3+ years in creative mentorship
• Solid understanding of all facets of digital interactive design and media production techniques.
• Ability to quickly come to grips with different styles and subjects
• Ability to keep designs engaging and interesting throughout production process.
• Sound judgment in balancing creative and strategic imperatives.
• Strong leadership, team building and people management skills.
• Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote
• Basic usage of C4D and other 3D packages
• Ability to manage multiple projects
- We are always looking for talented creative people to join our team, if you think you have what it takes please send your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com